top of page
iStock-918850974 (1).jpg


Serving Mooreville, Statesville, Taylorsville, and Hickory, North Carolina.

While the process of disentangling one's life from another during a divorce is often difficult and painful, having an attorney by your side to guide you and look out for your best interests can alleviate the stress that coincides with the divorce process. If you are considering a divorce, we encourage you to reach out to an attorney as soon as possible so you are informed of your rights, what you're entitled to, and what steps you may need to start taking to protect any assets and ensure the best outcome for your family as you go through this process. 

Whether you are just now considering the idea of divorce or you have already started the process, our knowledgable attorneys are ready to begin fighting for you no matter what stage you are currently at. Fill out our online intake form or contact one of our offices today to schedule a consultation.


During marriage, parties often have children, buy homes, and make investments - both financial and emotional - which must be addressed during divorce proceedings.

1. Report the injury to your supervisor or to human resources as soon as possible but no later than 30 days after the injury or incident. While you are only required to give verbal notice, written notice is preferred. 

2. Ask your employer where you should go to get medical treatment. In North Carolina, the employer and/or insurance company gets to tell you when and where to seek treatment.

3. Make sure a claim is set up with your employer's insurance company. Most of the time your employer will report the accident for you; however, you should also report the injury. This can be done by filing a Form 18 and submitting it to the North Carolina Industrial Commission. A copy of the form can be found on the Commission's website, or by clicking here

4. Once the claim is opened with your employer's workers' compensation carrier, an adjuster should reach out to you regarding your claim. 

5. The adjuster generally has 90 days to investigate your claim and determine whether your claim is compensable, meaning whether you are eligible for benefits or not. 

6. Once your claim has been accepted, the insurance company will direct and pay for your medical treatment. 

7. If your claim is denied, you can file an appeal by filling out a Form 33 and submitting it to the North Carolina Industrial Commission, which can also be found on the commission's website or by clicking here.

bottom of page